New Buckhead Modern to be built :: Villa Atlanta
3619 Ivy Road is a home of sculptural forms that ennobles life through art. Villa Atlanta’s Architect, Michael Sizemore FAIA, is an Artist as well as Founder of Sizemore Group Architects and Master Planners. His firm has a long resume of planning and architectural work for universities, town centers, as well as the Atlanta Olympics. He has focused his skills towards this beautiful estate in its extraordinary location.
The unique location spans residential and commercial nodes but nods to the natural beauty of Buckhead; adjacent to the East are a the high-rise financial and shopping district. Immediately adjacent is “Path400”, a paved landscaped walkway with bicyclists, walkers, strollers which connects Atlanta’s finest in town markets – this shared resource wraps around the rear of the property. A natural sound barrier of trees and a wall is between Path400 and Georgia Highway 400 – running north and south and giving unmatched access to north metro Atlanta. Just about 0.25 of a mile away is Buckhead’s proposed “Central Park” – currently in the engineering phase. It will be constructed over MARTA’s (rapid transit) Buckhead Station and Georgia 400 – the idea is a green space “cap” over the highway. To the West is the quiet cul-de-sac of Ivy Road; tree-lined, green with beautiful homes and lawns. This home offers excellent access to public transit, outdoor activities and major thoroughfares. Sarah Smith Elementary School is only 0.4 miles away. Smith is a very well regarding International Baccalaureate World School that integrates with surrounding neighborhood.
Villa Atlanta’s architectural scheme includes a structural steel frame which allows an unprecedented flexibility to alter the use of the internal spaces. While there are nominally four bedrooms, these spaces have been designed so they can also be alternatively configured as ( 1) A Superb Art Gallery / Library/ Guest Reception Chamber, (2) a large daylighted Studio for an artist, musician, or dancer (3) A Staff’s Bedroom or Crafts Room, (4) a Home Office with its separate entrance to guests. The home has been designed for entertaining, with a Great Room that flows into the Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room, and out onto a lawn covered Terrace. The Dining Room has a Butler’s Pantry with serving capability straight into the Great Room. The Dining Room also opens out onto its own small courtyard. The Garage accommodates three cars in addition to the Porte cochere. The Porte cochere borrows from an elegant past architectural tradition providing a particularly seamless entrance to the home. The Master Bedroom includes a sun room with glass extending upward to the curving ceiling on three sides as high as (14 ft) fourteen feet, viewing an uninterrupted green space with high-rise structures sparkling in the background. A semi-circular niche provides a space of intimacy. The Master Bath has two elegant lavoratories and commode spaces with shower and bath, day-lighted by a dramatic clerestory. Split automatic motorized shades close off the large planes of glass entirely or in combinations of configurations.
Other timeless special features include:
- Glass encircles below the entire roof of the house creating a superb unmatched quality of daylight.
- An 18-foot tall brick fireplace anchors the center of the house.
- The roof design optimizes solar photovoltaic electric collection and the electrical systems will be “solar ready”.
- The mechanical heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment is accessible from outside the house so as not to interfere with the functioning of the home during routine maintenance.
- As many mature trees remain on-site as possible.
- Mr. Sizemore is also a sculptor, so bronze sculptures are designed into the overall composition.
- The home’s materials are commercial grade. Consequently, the outside of the house will not require painting.
- The yards will be left natural with native English ivy and mature hardwoods or until the owner wants to customize the landscape.
- Elevator shaft will be built for future use (elevator not included in price.
- Developer has plan for partial basement with exterior and interior entry.
- Please ask about Master on Main option.
- Price does not include pool shown in renderings.
The Gross Area of the home including the thickness of exterior walls is 5,000 square feet. The net area of floor space inside the exterior walls is 4,344 square feet total. This consists of 2,702 square feet on the first floor and 1642 on the second floor.
Offered for $3,295,000.00.
Specification and additional images available. For more information on Villa Atlanta and other Heery Brothers projects, please call Neal Heery, George Heery or Joy Andrews at 404 237 5000.